Milk Cake (Delicious Indian Dessert)
Time: 1 Hour 30 min
Indian Milk Cake is a delicious dessert that is very famous in India. This Rakhi I made them at home and sharing it with all of you. The method to make milk cake is easy, you just need a little time and patience (there is another method using microwave which I will share soon). I like to make sweets from scratch, this is homemade and can also be used at the time of fasting.
Here is the step by step recipe, hope you will like it!
- Milk 3 liter (Around 12 Cups)
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ghee/Clarified Butter
- Baking tray or any tin or steel tray
- Let milk boil on high flame and keep stirring to prevent from sticking to bottom
- Carefully remove the whey from sides so that milk cake will not taste sour
- Continue to boil the curdled milk in low flame for next 10-15 minutes till milk is evaporated
- Take a baking tray or any tin, aluminum or steel tray and grease with ghee/clarified butter
- Let the milk cake set for overnight
- Be careful to keep stirring the milk to keep from sticking to bottom
- Making milk cake takes time and patience but the method is really easy
- Shop keepers make milk cake on large vessels on high flame so when they pour milk mix to tray it is very hot and still cooking from inside so turns into dark brown from inside
Let me know if you have any suggestion to make this blog better by commenting on posts or write to firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!